As I sit here I ponder over what motivates me to keep going? To keep striving to be better and continue to want to be as healthy as I possibly can be. Even personal trainers, health and fitness professionals you name it we get bored or fall off the wagon too! So, I said self when I fall off the wagon or feel as if I am, or have a few bad eating days what do I do to get myself back rolling in the right direction again? Here a few things that popped up in my head ..
1. I never want to wake up 20-30 years from now wondering how things would have turned out if I had stuck to my healthier lifestyle.
2. I like looking at myself in the mirror. I want to be proud and happy with what I see looking back at me.
3. Being a role model for others is always on my list. Knowing that my hard work and dedication can inspire someone to be the best version of themselves always keeps me pushing forward.
4 . Feeling good. Feeling as good as I can is always a priority of mine. Eating bad all the time, drinking and partying or just plainly mistreating our bodies doesn't make us feel good! So, why do it!?
5. Living according to who I say I want to be. Not only talking the talk, but walking the walk. Self-accountability is IMPORTANT! You have to be your biggest critic and fan. People are going to let you down. Don't treat yourself that way. LOVE YOURSELF! BE YOUR BIGGEST FAN!
6. No one wants to wait until it's too late! The key is to stay away from the doctor and live a LONG, productive LIFE!
On a day like today. When we take a moment to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Take a moment to reflect on what motivates you and don't forget to write it down!