Being in shape is something that we all want. The biggest and most difficult part of this equation is this..do we love ourselves enough to commit to the tasks that come with getting in the best shape we possibly can? Are you ready and willing to love yourself enough to stay accountable and put in the work needed to reach those goals that are sitting there in the back of your head? That has to be a tough and reality check kind of answer. We all want to look and feel our best, but do we know how to get there? Often times we will love someone else's journey more than we do our own. How and why is that even an option or better yet a reality?
How can we love someone else's journey more than we love our own?
Simple, we lust over the drive that they have wanting what they have worked for without having to work for it. So enjoying their success is more satisfying than enjoying our own. How intriguing right? How sway can I enjoy someone else's success more than I enjoy my own. Easy complacency, laziness, fear, inconsistent and wrong choice of support systems. All factors to why you have and I have yet to reach our goals. We all sometimes miss place our trust in those around us and in things around us that we do not need.
Well sway how can we fix these things? I am so glad you asked. Easy solution...
Simple enough right? Here are a few tips (things I use daily)..
1. Be your biggest cheerleader
2. LOVE who God intended for you to be, don't improperly assess yourself according to societies standards
3. If someone does not like or love you that's okay! Everyone did not like or love Jesus Christ either. Everyone doesn't like your mamma either, including you. Just saying.
4. Always remember God loves you no matter what! As long as you remember that you're never alone in the love department.
5. LOVE everyone, even if they don't love you back. Filling your heart with love. fills your whole being with positive energy that can help you conquer anything!
Don't believe me TRY IT! Takes time and doesn't happen overnight, but well worth a shot!
Remember: "the only limits you have, are the ones you set for yourself"
As I sit here I ponder over what motivates me to keep going? To keep striving to be better and continue to want to be as healthy as I possibly can be. Even personal trainers, health and fitness professionals you name it we get bored or fall off the wagon too! So, I said self when I fall off the wagon or feel as if I am, or have a few bad eating days what do I do to get myself back rolling in the right direction again? Here a few things that popped up in my head ..
1. I never want to wake up 20-30 years from now wondering how things would have turned out if I had stuck to my healthier lifestyle.
2. I like looking at myself in the mirror. I want to be proud and happy with what I see looking back at me.
3. Being a role model for others is always on my list. Knowing that my hard work and dedication can inspire someone to be the best version of themselves always keeps me pushing forward.
4 . Feeling good. Feeling as good as I can is always a priority of mine. Eating bad all the time, drinking and partying or just plainly mistreating our bodies doesn't make us feel good! So, why do it!?
5. Living according to who I say I want to be. Not only talking the talk, but walking the walk. Self-accountability is IMPORTANT! You have to be your biggest critic and fan. People are going to let you down. Don't treat yourself that way. LOVE YOURSELF! BE YOUR BIGGEST FAN!
6. No one wants to wait until it's too late! The key is to stay away from the doctor and live a LONG, productive LIFE!
On a day like today. When we take a moment to remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Take a moment to reflect on what motivates you and don't forget to write it down!
When do you pray? I ask this because yesterday while at drill, we had a church service (it was GREAT by the way, if you were wondering) and the chaplin (pastor also if you are wondering) took up prayer requests from all of us and prayed over them. Mine was to help with my run on my upcoming physical fitness test. I had someone later ask was I worried about my run since I asked for the request.? I wasn't when I answered my new friend nor was I when I asked for the prayer request. Now am I the fastest runner? No LOL I am not, am I worried about failing the run portion NO I am not, but that doesn't mean I cant pray for good will and God's covering before setting out for this task. I felt added strength and less stress after asking for good vibes . I feel that sometimes as was talked about during that service that we have to acknowledge more and more that we cannot do anything without God. And that was how I acknowledged him yesterday.
Nothing ever needs to be going wrong for us to say a quick prayer or give a quick praise to God. He doesn't have to show us a sign or make things better for us to love on him. He is always right within our reach. To strengthen us at any moment we are willing to acknowledge him.
AND NOTHING IS WRONG WIT THAT!
Currently: Watching LEEbron and company beat down the Celtics, Game over. Series over.
So, as I sit here I was thinking about what makes our fitness journey so great. What is it that keep us coming back for more? Or what keeps us on the pursuit of perfection. Whether its our want to be in the best shape ever or have rock solid abs, huge calves, or even just be lean and beach ready. Taking care of ourselves is important and should always be number one our list. I was thinking about how could I simply relay a message to everyone about what makes me want to be better or continue to do better. I broke it down into FIVE simple principles.....
Always believe in yourself! You matter!
Never be afraid to ask for help! That is what professionals are for! We live to help anyone who needs it. Always have an open heart and mind. You never know what you can learn!
Nothing can get done standing still!
4. 80% of what you eat, 20% of how you move(exercise)
You are what you eat! Eat junk and you will look like junk.
Stop selling yourself short! You matter!
Now say it with me. "I BELIEVE in myself! I will ASK questions ,be ACTIVE in achieving my goals! I am committed to my journey! LETS GO! "